If you’re looking for a cost-effective way to add functionality and beauty to your home this year, we have just the thing: a pergola.
Pergolas add character and style to any home because they offer a unique look that you can’t find with other types of outdoor construction, such as decks, patios, or gazebos.
A pergola is made with sturdy posts that are connected in the middle by cross beams. A roof-like structure is then built using wooden boards or metal poles. The roof usually hangs at an angle to provide shade, but with some designs, you can change this for a steeper angle if you want more sun.
Why Invest in a Pergola?
If you want to increase your home’s value and enjoy some outdoor time with friends and family, a pergola would be the perfect addition.
While pergolas look great, they also offer several benefits:
- Shade一whether it’s summer, spring or fall, shade is always welcome on your patio. A pergola can provide up to 50% more shade than an umbrella and they don’t get nearly as dirty. In fact, depending on the design, a quick wash with the hose should be enough.
- Function一a pergola is a great place to grow plants, grapes, or any other vine plant you might want. It also makes for a good spot to set up outdoor seating or even a grill.
- Privacy一a pergola is a great way to block the view of your neighbors or even help you screen off unsightly features in your yard.
- Entertainment一pergolas are ideal places where you can throw a party or just enjoy time with family and friends. It creates an inviting atmosphere so that you can enjoy the party without worrying about the weather.
- Value一a pergola helps you create an outdoor room where you can lounge in style. It’s a great selling point with buyers if you ever decide to move because it’s one additional space for them to enjoy.
Popular Pergola Designs in 2022
No matter what style or size you’re looking for, a pergola can be custom-made so you get everything you want and nothing you don’t need. Here are some of the most popular designs that will be coming up in 2022:
Sleek and Modern
Modern pergolas are designed with a simple box frame and clean lines. The lines and basic details of this design give it a clean, streamlined aesthetic.
Arched tops, curves, and I-beams can all be incorporated into the contemporary pergola design. This style may mix parts of traditional and modern aesthetics, using several materials to create a new and noteworthy style.
When paired with colorful flowers in hanging pots, cozy lounge chairs or a swing, and twinkling fairy lights, your pergola will create an idyllic spot for relaxation.
This design usually uses thicker beams and an open trellis top so vines can grow and create a natural canopy. The “roof” can be flat or gabled, which creates more of a greenhouse look.
An oversized pergola is the perfect space for entertainment. The whole family can gather under the shade for dinner or your party guests can split up into intimate conversation with the ample space this design provides.
The posts and beams are usually large with this type of pergola and can be covered with a trellis of vines or a vinyl top for ultimate weather protection so you can host all year round.
Why spend thousands of dollars on a vacation when you could create an oasis in your own backyard? A latticed top and brightly-colored curtains create a cabana-style look that will be perfect for summertime parties. These pergolas tend to have slimmer posts to let the lattice top be the main architectural focus.
The best-known pergola design is the classic white vinyl. This look can be dressed up with flowers and vines or left to shine on its own.
The white vinyl style holds up very well in all weather conditions, it’s extremely durable, and you won’t have to worry about upkeep. No matter the style of your backyard, a timeless white pergola will fit in seamlessly.
Want to See If a Pergola Would Work in Your Backyard?
If you’re looking for an investment that will add both value and beauty to your home, then adding a pergola is the perfect choice. Take it from us that this unique addition can transform any yard into a place that you’ll want to spend more time in.
Looking to add a pergola to your backyard this year? Contact Best Vinyl Fence & Deck today for a free estimate. We can help you choose the perfect design and material to make a lasting impression on your outdoor space.